Taiwanese Girls - Easy "Target" ???

...and not necessarily in that order. Everything from getting along to getting it on. Cue the the Marvin Gaye CD.

Taiwanese Girls - Easy "Target" ???

Postby devilmor » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:56 am

It seems that nowadays, more and more foreigners are coming to Taiwan
for all sorts of reasons...work, learning, cultural exchange etc. And Taiwan
is, indeed, a very suitable place to be for these purposes. English speaking
folks would find it a lot easier to travel around Taiwan than they would in
China. And safety issues are much under control. Great food, nice pubs &
lots of sight seeings to be done esp down the Mid-southern end of Taiwan.

However, I've come to realized that a lot of men are coming here for the
girls, seeing that taiwanese girls fall "prey" to foreign guys easily. Guys
think that it's a good place to be, teach english, have fun and leaves. I
can't help but find this situation disturbing. But then again, it takes 2
hands to clap so I won't argue too much about it.

Just want to hear what anybody has to say about the above. Pls feel free
to repsonse to htis thread. :roll:
devilmor
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Postby Limey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:43 am

Is this a late April Fools joke or are you serious? Are you a foreinger? Are you in a relationship? What makes you interested in other peoples' relationships? When you see a western man and local girl do you think"Money/sex"? or do you think "Loving, caring, open, relationship"?
If you have contacts in the Australian theatre industry please contact me.
Limey
Manager
Manager

Postby jake » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:46 am

I would posit that the number of foreigners coming to Taiwan to teach English, study Chinese, etc. is already on the decline. As China develops more, there will be more opportunities there as Taiwan gets hollowed out. Don't have figures per se, but Dave's thread about teaching jobs drying up and the assumed general malaise of the industry is a good starting place.

As far as foreigners hooking up with girls here, much ado about nothing I'm afraid. Sure, some bad apples in the mix, but that's to be expected.

Welcome to the Horums.
Who's gonna catch a big fish? Who's goin' fishin'?
jake
unstoppable

Postby devilmor » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:36 pm

Limey wrote:Is this a late April Fools joke or are you serious? Are you a foreinger? Are you in a relationship? What makes you interested in other peoples' relationships? When you see a western man and local girl do you think"Money/sex (Yes, pre-dominantly)"? or do you think "Loving, caring, open, relationship"?

Limey, thx for your input but you seem rather defensive. What
I can tell is that man will be man, no matter what. You and I
know very well the odds of interacial marriage. But then again,
I need to make it clear that this happens in other parts of
the world as well, not just in Taiwan. And YES, I am a foreigner
if it makes you feel any better. I do agree with Jake in that
some cases are genuine and true which i respect. But I suspect
the percentage for this group of people ain't high. Look
around and see what some of the forum threads tell you, Limey.

Thx for the Welcome, Jake.
devilmor
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Postby sula_vaca » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:53 pm

Man will be man and men have willies! As long as we continue to be born with them, then they shall dictate our ways, to a large degree, thus giving men reason for all sorts of malarky. Yes, it's not the woman's fault that she is being used and abused in some cases, but I think many sensible girls know better from my experience. I found it particulaly difficult to hitch up with a genuinly nice one, because most were just plain scared of me. Reputations of foreigners are dashed to some degree, because of lousy behaivor shown by a few. Although that is the case, I just can't blame men for being men as much as I can't blame silly girls for being silly. :roll:
sula_vaca
The Chung-Hu Jiggler

Postby angela » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:06 pm

It also seem to be quite a hot topic in Taiwan at the moment. Many shows are also discussing about Taiwanese women and their preference towards foreign boyfriends rather than their own Taiwanese counterparts. Many of these girls insisted in these shows that they would never try to date a Taiwanese guy just for the simple reasons that they were not as romantic or considerate as the foreigners. But how true is that?

I've known some very romantic and considerate Taiwanese guys and I didn't even date them!

Anyway, back to the topic. You need two to tango! I think most of these girls feel the same and just want to have fun like the guys. But I actually want to laugh sometimes when I see a guy with a local girl and vice versa, and just think, he/she is not attractive at all! (Sorry, by my standard that is.) How did they manage to get together? I don't know any of these couples I've seen and am only judging by the covers, so that would be my first thought, and the second mean thought would be that they probably wouldn't last long. I say that because many of these people actually don't know that a different cultural background can sometimes be the lethat weapon to breaking a relationship. It's a complex topic and usually I can ramble on and on...before I even make my point. :lol: And in the end I usually loose the main point I'm trying to make like now. I have already forgotten what I wanted to say, but having written so much, I'm too angry to erase all, so sorry guys. Please bear with my junk.
angela
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:33 pm

angela wrote: But I actually want to laugh sometimes when I see a guy with a local girl and vice versa, and just think, he/she is not attractive at all! (Sorry, by my standard that is.) How did they manage to get together?

Ahhh the retort of the ever-jealous Western girl.

Of course, she's just with him for the strange-ness and he's just with her for the ass. They couldn't possibly like each other...

d
Dave
Southern Bureau Chief

Postby jake » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Although this is very interesting and all, it has been discussed before. Please review and if you have something new to add, then go ahead. I can't help but feel we are going over old territory though.

Perhaps we could talk about unassuming foreign chaps who come here and are targets for the local sharks, before they know it they are roped into a relationship and it's all downhill from there. Not speaking from personal experience of course. :wink:
Who's gonna catch a big fish? Who's goin' fishin'?
jake
unstoppable

Postby Limey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:19 pm

Apologies Devilmor if I was on the offensive/defensive this morning. Sometimes I get sick of people pigeon holeing all white/non-white relationships. I thought you were going out to wind people up. I guess I'm mistaken.

Many posters here are in mixed relationships, gladly I'm one of them. In my case I met my girlfriend abroad, she invited me to Taiwan. We have been together well over three years now. I've spent 18 months of it here. I feel in love with a person, not an object or a convenience. Life isn't always a box of chocolates, but honestly she offers me more in the way of companionship, fun and excitement than I have ever had with a western woman.

As you've said yourself, it takes two to tango. While I can't vouch for every mixed relationship being as stable as ours, I can assure you there is more than money and sex involved. No one really knows what goes on in any relationship behind closed doors. In my opinion this is the way it should stay. What matters is that lovers (no matter where they are from, or what colour) are treated with respect and kindness.

Thankfully, we have two sets of very good parents which support our decision. This in itself is probably worthy of an entire thread. I'm sure there are plenty mixed couples with less obliging parents.....
If you have contacts in the Australian theatre industry please contact me.
Limey
Manager
Manager

Postby sula_vaca » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:55 am

Limey wrote: I'm sure there are plenty mixed couples with less obliging parents.....

Iv'e certainly met more than a few.
sula_vaca
The Chung-Hu Jiggler

Postby angela » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:20 pm

Ha! Ha! Dave. I'm afraid to tell you, but I'm actually Taiwanese. So it's a case of the ever jealous Taiwanese girl's retort. :lol:
angela
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:24 pm

(low bow)

My mistake.
Dave
Southern Bureau Chief

Postby angela » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:45 pm

No it's OK. When I was young I HAD wished that I was tall, blonde, blue eyed and curvacious. But my mum had to tell me over and over again that it just wasn't going to happen. I would be Chinese forever. :evil:

So, I'll just wish those who are in mixed relationships good luck. Maybe those girls who wanted white guys over their own races had thoughts like I did. Wishing that they were white instead of yellow (Chinese get refered to as having yellow skin), and when that fact cannot change then they might as well get a boyfriend who's white!
angela
Manager
Manager

Postby sandman » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:31 pm

I first got off with my Taiwanese girlfriend because she was sexy, good-looking and nice. 15 years on and a lot has changed, but those three things are still there, with a great deal more besides. I am blessed.
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good, Oh lord please don't make me be misunderstood.
sandman
That Scots Git

Postby Trapper » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:13 pm

I first got off with my Taiwanese girlfriend because she was sexy, good-looking and nice. 15 years on and a lot has changed, but those three things are still there, with a great deal more besides. I am blessed.

100% ditto...except for 'only' 10 years...and is now my wife...

Maybe those girls who wanted white guys over their own races had thoughts like I did. Wishing that they were white instead of yellow (Chinese get refered to as having yellow skin), and when that fact cannot change then they might as well get a boyfriend who's white!

really??!! surely not...that seems more than a little silly (I have edited this sentence quite alot...)

While I can't vouch for every mixed relationship being as stable as ours, I can assure you there is more than money and sex involved.

yeah - when I 1st met my wife, I was skint, broke, I had nothing, nada, zilch, so it must have been the sex then I suppose :lol:

Perhaps we could talk about unassuming foreign chaps who come here and are targets for the local sharks, before they know it they are roped into a relationship and it's all downhill from there. Not speaking from personal experience of course.

does that happen?
Trapper
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Love, Sex and Relationships