swimming pool at Taipei arena

We told you nothing else mattered but the beautiful game and you still want to discuss cricket, professional wrestling, or ice hockey. Well all right then...

swimming pool at Taipei arena

Postby dizzyhytes » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi, does anyone know if the swimming pool at Taipei Arena is open to the public? It's managed under something called the SongShan Sports Club. Any idea about fees?

Thanks
dizzyhytes
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: swimming pool at Taipei arena

Postby jake » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes, I think it's open to the public. A colleague of mine has swum there in the mornings. I think she goes to the longer one which is a little more expensive but less crowded. I think it might be around 100-150 each swim? Assuming you are in Taipei, go down there and ask. I'm sure they'll have a sign or something with all the info you need.
Who's gonna catch a big fish? Who's goin' fishin'?
jake
unstoppable

Postby dizzyhytes » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Jake, thanks very much. That's perfect for me. Less crowded will definitely be worth the money!

Regards
Kathy
dizzyhytes
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nagunae » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am

The pools are absolutely packed at this time of the year. I have found that early mornings are the only way to go (finishing up at 9 am at the latest). I went early Sunday morning and had a lane all to myself! I'm a decent swimmer but I'm in poor swimming shape. So this means I catch up to others quickly but need a break often during the course of a 40-minute swim. So having a lane to myself is the best way for me to go.
The Cuervo Gold
The fine Columbian
Make tonight a wonderful thing
(Say it again)
Nagunae
Manager
Manager

Postby dizzyhytes » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks very much, I'll try it out when I get there. Are there any other decent swimming pools in central Taipei?
dizzyhytes
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nagunae » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

dizzyhytes wrote:Are there any other decent swimming pools in central Taipei?

Each district in Taipei has a sports center, and as far as I know, each has a pool. My experience with the swimming pool at the Nangang Sports Center has been extreme numbers all through the summer but not too many people during other times (especially during those cold and damp winter months). If you know what district you'll be living in, you might try a search with the name of the district and "sports center." You could even live close to one of these sports centers. It sounds like exercise is an important part of your life and these sports centers offer everything from archery to a deep pool for scuba diving lessons.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2006/11/27/2003338086
The Cuervo Gold
The fine Columbian
(Say it again)
Nagunae
Manager
Manager

Postby Nagunae » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Wow, it's so interesting to see these old posts of mine. I guess this was about when I just started swimming. I haven't stopped and have improved quite a bit since then.

I regularly swim 1500m now, and depending on the pool and how I feel, I swim that in anything from 29 minutes to 26 minutes. I've swam in a couple of open-water swims, at a swim meet for a sprint distance, and in some other events. I get my butt kicked often, though, by some of the competition out there!
The Cuervo Gold
The fine Columbian
(Say it again)
Nagunae
Manager
Manager

Return to Everything Else