The complementary nature of cycling and running (in Taiwan)

We told you nothing else mattered but the beautiful game and you still want to discuss cricket, professional wrestling, or ice hockey. Well all right then...

The complementary nature of cycling and running (in Taiwan)

Postby Nagunae » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 am

We all know the benefits of cross-training. Reduced injury is probably at the top of the list, but I think reduced boredom/burnout is also something that should be discussed more.

In Taiwan, the combination of cycling and running is an excellent way to cross train.

If your main sport is running, it's great to complement that with cycling. Every single runner I've known (including myself) has gotten injured- running is hard on your body. Some deal with injury constantly, intermingling breaks in their running routine to recover from whatever is ailing them at the moment. Why not cycle now and then to reduce and maybe even eliminate injury altogether? There are bike paths, cycling events/races often, people that cycle everywhere (so it's easy to get into the sport), shops in every little district, etc.

On the other hand, if your main sport is cycling, well the rain here, which sometimes doesn't stop for one week or longer, can really put a damper on your cycling routine. By running on those rainy days, you can still get your workout fix and keep yourself fit for the next ride. Running up a mountain is a great way to work on your quads for the hills on your bike.

What do you guys think?
The Cuervo Gold
The fine Columbian
Make tonight a wonderful thing
(Say it again)
Nagunae
Manager
Manager

Return to Everything Else